Saturday, February 12, 2011

"...ARo By Any OthNam...."

Random moment from the radio show this week....

"Egypt, Schmeegypt....the really breaking news is that Scarlett Johansson is NOT dating Sean Penn..."


http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/02/11/scarlett.johansson.sean.penn.ppl/index.html?hpt=C2

Meanwhile, I notice yet another "name abreev" has been spawned, as in JLo, Brangelina, et al.

ScarJo.

First of all, if I were Scarlett, I would take exception to that moniker on at least two levels.

If you're important enough to be talked about, you're important enough to have your full name used in the talking.

If you insist on abreeving the name, then come up with something that doesn't sound like a facially damaged, rabid St. Bernard in a Stephen King novel.

Come to think of it, I think I've reached a sufficient level of celebrity that I should entertain the idea of being abreeved.

First, and most obvious, suggestion that comes to mind...

ScoPhel.

Hmm.

Sounds like a James Bond villain.

NevMi.

No comments: