Friday, July 3, 2009

"She Knows EXACTLY What She's Doing...EXACTLY...Or...Maybe Not..."

Credit where it’s due.

Sarah Palin is one mavericky little monkey.

Arising from one of those afternoon naps that seems like a wonderful idea at the time, feels like heaven but always ends up making me feel groggier than usual, I flipped on the old cable TV to find the term “BREAKING NEWS” flashing like an old fashioned marquee in the night.

Well, shoot, I says to myself, they must have found yet something else in Michael Jackson’s house.

Like worn out copies of Boy’s Life or something.

But, sweet niblets, I was stunned to find there actually WAS something newsworthy.

Sarah Palin resigning as governor of Alaska.

I watched the video of her little speech explaining why she is quitting.

And, just as it should be after any really well written political speech, I still don’t have a clue as to exactly what she’s thinking.

But, I got a good hot afternoon chuckle out of watching the politicos stumble all over themselves on CNN and MSNBC trying to dissect and interpret what this all means for Palin, for the country, for the Republican Party, ad nauseum.

“Does this mean she is running for president…does this mean she cant run for president…does this mean she cant stand the heat…does this mean she loves family more than fame…is this some clever move to get the media off her case…is she plotting something grand and mysterious…can she win now…should she win now…can she run now…should she run now…?

No real answers were forthcoming since the news is still fresher than those fries at Hardee’s.

Which I realize ain’t sayin all that much.

Here’s the thing.

If her intention is to get the media off her case and fade back into the private world of friends and family, good luck there, Fairbanks Filly.

They’re gonna be on you like white on rice for the foreseeable.

If, on the other hand, your goal was to yet again yank the media’s chain by doing the unexpected, dare I say maverick, thing then mission accomplished, girlfriend.

Either, or any, way, I’d like to, at this point in the plot, thank you.

Thank you for, at least, attempting to portray yourself as someone who puts family above party and self ambition.

But, most of all, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart…

Thank you, thank you, thank you…for giving those cable news lemmings something else to talk about besides Michael Jackson, at last report, still dead after a week and a day.

Even if the distraction only lasted about fifteen minutes by my time keeping.

I mean, hell, they had to get back to…”just ahead…Colin Powell shares what Michael Jackson meant to him…”

Yes, I can turn quite the witty ironic phrase from time to time.

Thank you for noticing.

Truth is, though, that’s exactly what CNN went on to after fifteen with the Palin story.

And now, as I sit here gathering my thoughts and trying to put it all in perspective, only one real nagging question remains.

I wonder what Michael Jackson meant to Sarah Palin.

Time to get back to CNN, I guess.

No comments: