Tuesday, May 26, 2009

..."Uh, Pass The Beer Nuts, There, Rush..."

It took me awhile to figure it out.

But, I’ve got it now.

I know why Rush Limbaugh annoys the bejesus out of me.

But why I understand he isn’t going away anytime soon.

First, the latest spew from the mouth that roared.

Obama has nominated the first Hispanic and only the third woman in history to be the next Supreme Court Justice.

Rush wasted no time.

I haven’t got the time or inclination to cut and paste his blathering crap, so here’s a link where you can read the story.


http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/26/limbaugh-slams-sotomayor-reverse-racist/


As Rush likes to remind us, it’s a free country.

And I would vigorously defend Rush’s right to the expression of his opinions.

Here’s the about the thing, though.

I don’t really know how Judge Sotomayor is going to come out of the confirmation process.

I do know that I don’t really care what Rush Limbaugh thinks because, frankly, I’m inclined to pay more attention to legal experts and educators than to a guy whose resume’, when you cut down to the bone, basically reads “disc jockey.”

And Lord knows I have nothing against disc jockeys.

But I don’t look to them for wisdom in matters of jurisprudence.

As to why he annoys the bejesus out of me?

It’s because after all this time, I finally figured it out.

I know who he reminds of.

Cliff Clavin, the postman from Cheers.

The guy who knows everything and has no problem letting you know that he knows everything, even as it remains obvious to everyone that he probably couldn’t find his ass with both hands and a flashlight.

So while my instincts are to feel the blood pressure rise when Rush starts mouthing off, I’ve decided to enjoy him for what he is.

And accept that he wont be going away anytime soon because of what he is.

Comic relief.

Every bar, and every country, has a know it all.

Cheers had Cliff Clavin.

We have Rush Limbaugh.

No comments: