Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"...The Need To Stop Talking and Actually Do Something Is As Plain as Black and White...."

Bill O'Reilly has a habit of not letting other people finish answers to his questions.

This is unfortunate for a number of reasons.

But, least obvious to folks flying on the port side of the U.S. of Airplane, is that there are times when he hits the nail dead center.

And those who believe him to be full of hot air don't benefit from hearing the sound of hammer hitting nail.

Once a blowhard and so on.

For a while, I've been trying to teach myself to separate beef from bullshit, chaff from amber waves of grain.

And last night, my efforts were rewarded as follows.






Another all too common habit I continue trying to resist is the temptation to label other's opinions as either right or wrong.

Right or wrong, of course, being subjective judgments and open to interpretation.

Instead, I determine, upon hearing another point of view, as to whether I agree or disagree.

I saw this program last night.

I've reviewed the video a couple of times.

A determination has been made.

I agree.

That's it.

No trap door, no twist ending, no thrust and parry.

I agree with what Bill O'Reilly has to say about this issue.

Even if I still think that he needs to shut up and listen to a complete answer every once and awhile.

No comments: