Monday, July 30, 2012

"...'Weekend At Bernie's' Lovers Need Not Apply..."

This site doesn't, as a rule, do movie reviews.

First, to each their own.

Second, opinions are, as the oldie but goodie goes, like ***holes...everybody has one and each one is different.

So, this piece isn't meant to be a review.

For all the aforementioned reasons.

Not to mention I haven't seen the movie.

All I've seen is the trailer.

Which I offer here for your perusal.





As I said, this is not a review.

That said, I respectfully offer an opinion.

Based on the trailer, my guess is that this will be a very talked about film.

Whether it is "critically" lauded remains to be seen.

Not that that matters, of course.

And audience acceptance is, of course, also a matter of speculation at this moment.

The movie could be heralded as "the" film of 2012.

Much as "The Matrix" was heralded in its time.

Or it could be pilloried as an overblown, crushingly disappointing case of motion picture masturbation.

Much as "The Matrix Revolutions" was in its time.

All of that considered and notwithstanding, here's the only thing I'm really sure of at this point.

If your sensibilites are such that you find "Jersey Shore" a "must see" each week and are faithfully committed to "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", then don't waste your time on "Cloud Atlas".

Because, trust me, you won't come within a country mile of getting it.

No comments: