Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Uh, She's Signalling a Field Goal...Yeah, That's The Ticket..."


Okay.

I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a hypocrite.

So, let me just, once again, state for the record.

I don't really care much for Sarah Palin.

I'll spare you the reasons. If you're interested, just read back through some of my previous pieces here in the blog.

Better yet, get yourself a copy of my latest book, "Three Hats", available at http://www.blurb.com/

Shameless self promoter? Bet your ass.

But not a hypocrite.

That said...

Even an anti-Palinite like my self believes that the game should be played fairly.

And that's a rule media doesn't seem interested in following.

Of the ten billion photos CNN.com could have used to accompany a Palin story, they chose the one included here.

I think the debate about political points of view should be spirited, even a little rough and tumble.

And not knocked off the tracks by some sophomoric giggle pic that sends folks off in a frenzy to write the "best" caption.

"Uh, Governor Palin....what do you think made Governor Sanford so irresistable to that lady down in Argentina...?"

That pic is proof positive that media has forgotten the rules of the game.

Hit hard.

But play fair.


No comments: